• Warm season perennial bunchgrass, bearing little resemblance to other lovegrasses.
• Adapted to most soils, especially sandy sites throughout north central to south Texas.
• Some seed is being used in reclamation areas as far east as Florida.
• Cattle and deer find it palatable and will readily eat both green forage and cured hay.
• Dense undergrowth provides a fair habitat for quail and other wildlife.
• Recovers easily after intense grazing.
• Not as cold tolerant as the native grasses, but is drought resistant.
• Average height is 2-3 ft. tall.