Festuca arundinacea (synonym: Lolium arundinaceum)
- A common introduced grass
- Desirable forage for cattle, but is also known to cause decreased animal performance and even the loss of tails and ears. If large quantities are consumed, can cause pregnant mares to abort.
- Used for residential and commercial lawns in many areas
- Used for residential and commercial lawns
- Not used for grazing animals
- Establishes quickly and produces a greener lawn earlier in the spring
- Planting rate 5-10 lbs/1,000 sq ft.
Ordinary fescues require maintenance from overseeding, weed problems, and clumps. Water Saver results in less overseeding, fewer weed problems and no “wide-leafed" ugly clumps of tall fescue plants in open areas.