*This item is not for sale and listed as a plant library product for educational purposes only.
Dichanthelium oligosanthes var. scribnerianum (synonym: Panicum scribnerianum)
• Also known as “Scribner rosettegrass”.
• Relatively short grass that grows from a basal rosette of green winter leaves.
• Furnishes some green forage to livestock during the winter.
• Deer eat the green leaves; birds eat the seed.
• Low panicums grow so close to the ground that it is difficult for livestock to overgraze them.
• Adapted to sandy loam soils in the Panhandle.