*This item is not for sale and listed as a plant library product for educational purposes only.
• Growth starts in early spring and grows in tufts or dense mats.
• Best adapted to dry sandy and sandy loam soils, but will grow on soils with heavier textures.
• Particularly adapted to waste places, old fields, and sandy flood plains.
• Is grazed by cattle and sheep before the seedhead forms; forage is of fair quality but is seldom of significant quantity.
• The burs are injurious to livestock and greatly reduce the value of wool and mohair.