*This item is not for sale and listed as a plant library product for educational purposes only.
• There are several varieties of plum throughout the Texas Panhandle. This deciduous, thicket forming shrub grows 3 to 8 feet tall.
• Flowers in March with or before the leaves appear.
• The bright red drupes (fruit) mature in June.
• Wildlife and livestock will eat the fruit.
• Provides excellent cover for ground nesting birds and small mammals.
• Adapted to sandy soils of the plains and along streams on sunny sites.