*This item is not for sale and listed as a plant library product for educational purposes only.
• Growth 2-3 feet tall
• Flowers June to August
• Grows from numerous shoots arising from a woody base.
• Has milky sap and is very toxic to livestock.
• Reported to contain cyanogenic glycosides, which release free cyanide in the rumen.
• Very low in palatability and is not consumed by livestock except in extreme circumstances.
• May be an indicator of poor grazing management.
• Adapted to the sandy soils of the Panhandle.