*This item is not for sale and listed as a plant library product for educational purposes only.
• Adapted to prairies, plains, and alkali meadows.
• This cool season grass is considered a minor component of the tallgrass prairie.
• Adapted to a variety of soils.
• Plants grow in the fall and winter as moisture and temperatures permit.
• Seedheads are produced in late April and continue through May.
• Provides excellent winter and spring forage for cattle.
• Where present, this grass can provide good nesting cover for ground nesting birds.