*This item is not for sale and listed as a plant library product for educational purposes only.
Achnatherum hymenoides (synonym: Oryzopsis hymenoides) (Synonym: Stipa hymenoides)
• Erect bunchgrass, without rhizomes, growing 2.5 ft. tall.
• Adapted to dry, sandy, gravelly, and shallow sites that are high in lime. It is moderately salt and alkali tolerant.
• Found primarily in the northwestern part of the Texas Panhandle.
• Good grass for livestock and big game animals, providing excellent forage for spring and summer use. Is especially valuable for winter grazing; the plants cure well, and the lower parts remain somewhat green.
• The seed is an excellent food source for upland game birds, particularly mourning doves, pheasant, and others.