*This item is not for sale and listed as a plant library product for educational purposes only.
• Common names include, ” Common hoptree,” “Water ash,” and “Three-leaf hoptree.”
• Growth form is usually a rounded, deciduous shrub, but occasionally forms a small tree up to 25 feet in height.
• The leaves are divided into three leaflets that have a very pungent odor when handled.
• Flowers from March to July; fruit ripens August to September.
• Adapted to a wide variety of soil types.
• Prefers shade and is usually an understory species.