*This item is not for sale and listed as a plant library product for educational purposes only.
• Also known as, “Hairy gold aster”, “Narrowleaf gold aster” and “Hoary falso goldenaster”. Not a true aster, true asters never have yellow flowers.
• Growth 6-16 inches
• Hair on the leaves gives this plant a grayish-green cast.
• Flowers July-September.
• Found in open, sandy or gravelly upland sites and areas with rocky outcrops.
• Unpalatable to livestock.
• This plant has become a “weedy” problem on many acres of rangeland in the Texas Panhandle.
• The Cheyenne boiled the tops and stems, and then used the extract as a sedative to aid sleep.