*This item is not for sale and listed as a plant library product for educational purposes only.
• Other common names, “Downy forestiera,” “Spring-herald,” and “Stretchberry.”
• A small tree that can grow up to 15 feet tall, but is usually a straggling, irregular-shaped shrub.
• Flowers April to May, with the fruit forming June to October.
• Prefers mostly rich, moist soils along streams and creeks.
• The fruit is eaten by many species of birds. The shrubby growth form provides good cover for wildlife. This plant is palatable and is susceptible to heavy browsing by some livestock.