*This item is not for sale and listed as a plant library product for educational purposes only.
• Other common names are “Button-willow,” “Buttonwood,” “Pond-dogwood,” “River-brush,” “Swampwood,” “Little-snowball,” and “Pond-dogwood,” to mention a few.
• Flowers from June to August.
• A wetland shrub growing in low, moist areas with water up to three feet deep.
• The flowers attract butterflies and hummingbirds, and at least 25 species of birds eat the seeds.
• Provides good cover for a variety of wildlife.
• Toxic to cattle. The toxic agent has not been definitely established.
• Very unpalatable and consumption and poisoning are unlikely.