*This item is not for sale and listed as a plant library product for educational purposes only.
• Other common names include, “American star-thistle” and “Thornless thistle”
• Adapted to sandy or clay loam soils in bare areas, over-grazed pastures and old cropland fields.
• Flowers May to August
• Has a cream colored center and a light purple edge, and stands alone at 1-1.5 to 5 feet tall.
• Does not have the prickly characteristics seen on other thistles.
• Of little value to wildlife and livestock.